Community Hours Deadline
- Seniors! Community hours deadline is May 24th. Please don't hesitate to turn in your hours to Mrs. Aguirre in the library.
- May 27th at the Cemetery, please see Mrs. Aguirre for the time.
- This Saturday, May 25th and Sunday, May 26th working basketball concessions. Earn up to 15 hours. Sign up with Mrs. Trujillo.
Credit Recovery for Seniors
Attention Seniors working on credit recovery check-in with Ms. Sanchez so we can go over your status.
Attention All Baseball Players..
The end of the year baseball banquet will take place this Wednesday, May 22 in the Student Union at 7 P.M. (There will be a mandatory meeting today at lunch in my classroom! Be there!)
Final Transcripts for Seniors
Important information for Seniors, it is very important for you to fill out a yellow final transcript request form. This form will allow GHS to send your final transcripts to the college, tech school or university you will be attending this coming Fall. If you don't fill out, it will not go out. Lidia will be gone in the summer and there will be no one else to help you with this matter. Find a form with Lidia, The Gear-UP office and Talent Search office.
Hey Hey! Are you interested in trying out for the 2019 Bruin Cheer Squad? No need to complete your Athletic Packet until you've made the team! Show up to the GHS Gym at 3 P.M. on Tuesday, May 28th. Be sure to wear dance appropriate clothing and shoes. Bring your best attitude and a willingness to learn! Tryouts are open to all grades (including incoming Freshmen), any gender. If you have additional questions, contact Mrs. Radcliff in her office.
- Add a little fun to your day today by joining in on TWO scavenger hunts. Go to ghsbruins on Instagram to see the list of items to collect around campus and also to see the items for the Instagram Selfie Scavenger Hunt. Cool prizes are up for grabs!
- If you are planning to participate in the Chalk Walk, be sure to get your permission slips in to counseling by the end of today!
- Gather up your friends for the Lip Sync contest on Wednesday, May 22nd. See Mrs. Radcliff to sign up and provide your song title. Do this by the end of school tomorrow!
- Are you ready for some friendly competition? The kickball tournament will be happening Thursday after school. Have you entered your team yet? See Ms. Rodriguez in counseling to sign your team up. Don't want to play? Come out and watch. This will be epic!
Tuesday, May 21st
- Add a little fun to your day today by joining in the Instagram Selfie Scavenger Hunt. Today's prize is a portable projector. Find the list at ghsbruins on Instagram or #ghscolorweekday2
- Ever made big bubbles? Need to tap into your inner child? Today we have bubble in the Quad during lunch. Come out and PLAY!
- If you are planning to participate in the Chalk Walk, meet with Mr. Turek in the middle of the Quad at noon to review the rules and start time.
- Gather up your friends for the Lip Sync contest on Wednesday, May 22nd at 3:15 P.M. See Mrs. Radcliff to sign up and provide your song title. Do this by the end of school today! Don't want to sing? Then come watch and vote for your favorite performers.
- Are you ready for some friendly competition? You want to face off against your teachers and friends? The kickball tournament will be happening Thursday, May 23rd after school. Have you entered your team yet? See Ms. Rodriguez in counseling to sign your team up. Don't want to play? Come out and watch. This will be epic! Friendly cheer leading is encouraged!
Good Morning Bruins! The votes have been counted and the officers have been elected. The results are thus:
Class of 2022
President: Maria Garcia
Vice-President: Taym Alzuhar
Secretary: Daniela M. Rodriguez Ruiz
Class of 2021
President: Christopher Guzman
Class of 2020
President: Cristian Hernandez
Vice-President: Daisy Valenzuela
Secretary: Sebastian Raya
Treasurer: Jacqueline Ramos
ASB (Associated Student Body)
Your 2019-2020 ASB Student Reps are: Emily Morales and Kathie Trujillo
Your 2019-2020 ASB Commissioner of Rallies is: Veronica (Pony) Aguilar
Your 2019-2020 ASB Treasurer is: Janette Miranda
Your 2019-2020 ASB Secretary is: Fatima Cortes
Your 2019-2020 ASB Vice-President is: Eliza Rodriguez
And your 2019-2020 Greenfield High School ASB President is: Ashly Fragoso
Congratulations! Make sure you connect with your class advisors to introduce yourselves.
Greenfield Community Science Workshop
The Greenfield Community Science Workshop is now hiring for the position of high school student assistant. Stop by the workshop for an application, if interested. Applications are due no later than Saturday, May 25th.
Prospective Athletes for next year there will be a mandatory meeting on Thursday, May 23rd at 2:15 P.M. in the gym.
Class of 2019
The final class of 2019 meeting will be on Wednesday, May 22nd during lunch in room 306. Bring your welfare! Bring your lunch!
Attention students participating in the chalkwalk, there will be a brief meeting in the quad during lunch time.
Hartnell College Summer Classes
Are you interested in taking a Hartnell College over the summer? There will be a workshop on Wednesday, May 29th at 12:05 P.M. in room 205. Get more information, pick up required work and meet with a counselor.
Class of 2021
If you still have candy money, you need to turn it in to Mr. Barge's in room 104.
Prom pictures are here! Pick them up in room 206 after school. Only the person whose name is on the package may pick up the pictures. After school in room 206.
GHS Debate Team
The GHS Debate Team completed the GHS Spring Big Questions Debate. Congratulations to the first place team of Jorge Rojas and Daniel Morales and the second place team of Lizet Lazaro and Verenice Villalobos. Also, congratulations to Senior Lizet Lazaro who qualified as the first GHS student to read the Honor Level of the National Honor Level of the National Honor Society for the 2018/2019 school year.
This month's "Classified Champion" has shown their dedication to the staff, students, and families of Greenfield High School every day. This person is an amazing multi-tasker and has to constantly attend to more than one person or issue. This person's job is no easy but their excellent management skills and work ethic make them an amazing asset to our campus. Due to their supportiveness, creativity, and work ethic this month's Classified Champion goes too...Ms. Maria Navarro!
This month's "Tireless Teacher" exemplifies Bruin Pride because of the support that they provide to GHS students. This teacher goes above and beyond to make sure that they are serving their students to the best of their abilities and receiving the all the support that they need in order to succeed. This teacher is a true team player and dedicated to their work. Due to their caring personality, their enormous Bruin heart, and commitment to providing support and opportunities to GHS students, this month's Tireless Teacher goes to Ms. Ybarra.