Community Hours Opportunity
- Students, who are interested in being tutors for the after school program at Oak Avenue School, please see Mrs. Aguirre in the library. The subjects you will be tutoring in are: Math, Reading, and Writing. Tutoring runs Monday thru Friday from 3:30 P.M. -4:30 P.M.
- If you are interested in being a "Greeter", see Mrs. Aguirre in the library for more information and sign in sheet. United Way will provide free 2 hour training for anyone who is interested. This will go through tax season.
- Christmas in the Park on December 14th at 4 P.M. at the Gazebo Park. Please see Mrs. Aguirre in library for more information and sign in sheet.
- Anyone interested in volunteering at the Vista Verde Middle School as basketball referee please see Ms. Sanchez
- Are you interested in working at the basketball concession stand? Sign up with Mrs. Trujillo
Sign up for Family Pictures next week at the library side lab, get featured in the yearbook.
Senior pictures are due before Winter Break, there is a link on the school website to submit your pictures digitally. If you have a photo to scan bring it to the library before or after school.
Do you think you car is cool enough for the yearbook? Sign up at the side lab to have your picture taken during 1st, 5th, or 6th period you can also DM the yearbook class @ghsyrbook19.20.
- Attention AP students if you have not registered for your AP tests please come see Ms. Sanchez or Ms. Rodriguez. Deadline to register is by November 13th.
- The last day to register for AP exams, cancel exams or make any changes to your exams is Friday, November 15th, see Ms. Sanchez by Thursday, November 14th for Assistance.
The Marine Corps is offering a summer academy that enhances students leadership skills and exposes them to a diverse range of peers and Marine Corps leaders. The Summer Leadership and Character Development Academy is a week long, all expenses paid trip to Marine Corps Base Quantico. Students are not required to be interested in military service and there is no obligation of military service for those who attend the camp. The camp takes place June 15-20 of next year. If you are interested in this opportunity please come see Ms. Rodriguez for more information.
Physics Club Members
There will be a meeting Thursday, November 12th during lunch in room 104 to discuss fundraising. Hope to see everyone there!
College & Career Week
Tuesday, November 12th will be kicking off our College & Career Week! We have some activities planned, which will lead to our College & Career Fair this Friday, November 15th. We will once again be having our *College Question of the Day challenge. Listen to the morning announcements for the college question of the day. Email your class answer to Ms. Rodriguez as soon as possible to win a small prize for your first period class.
On Wednesday, November 13th students may join UCSC and CSUMB GEAR UP to participate in a scavenger hunt during lunch time.
Today's College question of the day is....
Can you name 10 of the 23 California State University Campuses?
Please email your answer to Ms. Rodriguez!
Congratulations to Mr. Radcliff's first period class for winning Tuesday's college question of the day!
Today's College Question of the day is.....
If you want to be Registered Nurse, what type of degree do you need?
A. GED or High School Diploma
B. Associates Degree
C. Masters of Science
D. Bachelor's of Science
Today's College Question of the day is.....
What are 3 science courses that you can take at GHS to prepare for a 4 year university?
Congratulations to Ms. Montoya's first period class for winning Thursday's college question of the day!
Agricultural Mechanics 2
Attention group 2, we are laying concrete on Wednesday, November 13th.
There will be an organizational meeting on Wednesday, November 13th during lunch in Mr. Ahmed's room 604. All interested students please come to the meeting and sign-up today.
Class of 2020 T-Shirt or Sweatshirt
Seniors who want a t-shirt or sweatshirt please check in with Mr. Francis by November 22nd to get on the reservation list. T-shirts are $25 and sweatshirts pricing should be less than $35.
Seniors! You may bring your deposits of $60 to Mr. Francis until November 29th. We are trying to fill a third bus! Let's all have fun as we finish our senior year!
Chess Card and Board Game Club
GHS students the first meeting of the chess, card and board game club will be at lunch this Friday, the 15th in Mr. Golston's room 601. In the meeting we will decide on when to have officer elections, and there will be a brief introduction about the club.
UC and CSU Applications deadline
Seniors, you have 7 school days left to work on your UC and CSU applications. Stop by the GEAR UP office or Open Lab on Mondays & Thursdays for help completing your applications.