Friday, November 8th we commemorate Veterans Day. Join the California Cadets Corps in honoring our Veteran's Day by wearing red, white, and blue to school.
Dress Code Update
All cookies brand clothing are now being added to the non-approved list. That means that cookies brand is no longer allowed as it will be considered an advertisement for Marijuana and the products!
Attention AP students if you have not registered for your AP tests please come see Ms. Sanchez or Ms. Rodriguez. Deadline to register is by November 13th.
Senior pictures are due before Winter Break, there is a link on the school website to submit your pictures digitally. If you have a photo to scan bring it to the library before or after school.
Driver Safety Education
Attention ALL students, the CHP is offering an informational night of driver safety education that targets new and future licensed teenage drivers between 15-19 years old. The smart class is offered to both your parents and yourself on November 7th at 5:30 P.M. in Soledad. More information is available with Ms. Patty.
The Marine Corps is offering a summer academy that enhances students leadership skills and exposes them to a diverse range of peers and Marine Corps leaders. The Summer Leadership and Character Development Academy is a week long, all expenses paid trip to Marine Corps Base Quantico. Students are not required to be interested in military service and there is no obligation of military service for those who attend the camp. The camp takes place June 15-20 of next year. If you are interested in this opportunity please come see Ms. Rodriguez for more information.
Community Hours Opportunity
- Students, who are interested in being tutors for the after school program at Oak Avenue School, please see Mrs. Aguirre in the library. The subjects you will be tutoring in are: Math, Reading, and Writing. Tutoring runs Monday thru Friday from 3:30 P.M. -4:30 P.M.
- If you are interested in being a "Greeter", see Mrs. Aguirre in the library for more information and sign in sheet. United Way will provide free 2 hour training for anyone who is interested. This will go through tax season.
- Christmas in the Park on December 14th at 4 P.M. at the Gazebo Park. Please see Mrs. Aguirre in library for more information and sign in sheet.
- Anyone interested in volunteering at the Vista Verde Middle School as basketball referee please see Ms. Sanchez
- Are you interested in working at the basketball concession stand? Sign up with Mrs. Trujillo
Winter Sports started November 4th! All paperwork must be processed in order to participate. Paperwork is accepted before school and the first 10 minutes of lunch. No paperwork will be accepted after school.
- Boys Basketball in the gym at 5 P.M.
- Boys and Girls soccer on the far baseball/softball/soccer fields at 3:15 P.M.
- Wrestling in the mat room at 3:15 P.M.
- Girls basketball in the gym at 3:15 P.M.
CSU and UC deadlines are coming up soon. If you plan to apply to a 4 year university, make sure to attend Open Lab on Thursdays and Mondays after school in the side lab of the library.
Attention Volleyball Players
Our end-of-the-year banquet is this Friday, November 9th at 6:30 P.M. Seniors bring desserts, Juniors and Sophomores bring main dishes and freshmen bring appetizers.
Coding Club Announcement
A new club is being formed called "Coding Club." It will enable students from freshman to seniors to learn about basic coding and have fun doing their individual projects of interest.
Any student with interest in Math, Science, Engineering, Physics, Robotics, Arts, and creating games is most welcome to join the club.
There will be a meeting on Friday, November 8th during lunch period in Mr. Ahmed's classroom 604.
Please come and learn about the club activities and sign-up for membership.
Agricultural Mechanics 2
We are laying concrete at lunch concrete at lunch please meet at the school farm group 3 only.
Sign up for Family Pictures next week at the library side lab, get featured in the yearbook.