Attention students, there will be a Class of 2023 meeting, Monday, October 28th during lunch in room 616.
Class of 2020
Seniors! Your T-Shirts have arrived. Please see Mr. Francis in room 605 to pick them up.
Morning students! There will be a Physics Club meeting Tuesday, October 29th during lunch. It is a very important meeting so please attend. See you there in room 104.
Community Hours Opportunity
- Students, who are interested in being tutors for the after school program at Oak Avenue School, please see Mrs. Aguirre in the library. The subjects you will be tutoring in are: Math, Reading, and Writing. Tutoring runs Monday thru Friday from 3:30 P.M. -4:30 P.M.
- If you are interested in being a "Greeter", see Mrs. Aguirre in the library for more information and sign in sheet. United Way will provide free 2 hour training for anyone who is interested. This will go through tax season.
- Christmas in the Park on December 14th at 4 P.M. at the Gazebo Park. Please see Mrs. Aguirre in library for more information and sign in sheet.
Hartnell Application Workshops
Will take place during Civics/Economics following:
Francis & Schierer on 10/28
Green & Mr. Villaseñor on 10/29
Come prepared with your email address and Social Security number unless you're a Dreamer ask a parent now rather than be unable to complete the application process. Hartnell will NOT offer a make up session.
The Marine Corps is offering a summer academy that enhances students leadership skills and exposes them to a diverse range of peers and Marine Corps leaders. The Summer Leadership and Character Development Academy is a week long, all expenses paid trip to Marine Corps Base Quantico. Students are not required to be interested in military service and there is no obligation of military service for those who attend the camp. The camp takes place June 15-20 of next year. If you are interested in this opportunity please come see Ms. Rodriguez for more information.
Grad Bash at Universal Studios
- Attention Seniors! Your deposit for Grad Bash at Universal Studios is due by October 31st. The amount of $50 is due to reserve your seat on the bus. Deposits after this time will increase and their is the risk of being placed on a wait list.
- The Universal Studios GradBash buses are filling up Mr. Francis is still collecting deposits at $50 through Friday, November 1st. Monday the deposit price increases to $60 due to the likelihood of needing a 3rd bus.
Basketball, Soccer, Wrestling start November 4th. You must have your athletic paperwork, including current physical, cleared before you can attend practice. If you have not got your physical yet, take care of this ASAP or you may not get one until after teams are selected. Athletic paperwork is accepted before school and 1st 10 minutes of lunch in room 102.
Financial Aid Nights
Get assistance completing your FAFSA or DREAM ACT application on October 29th, 2019 from 3:30-7 P.M. at the Greenfield High School Library
- Students and Parents will need:
- Full legal name and date of birth
- Social Security Number (if applicable)
- Your federal income tax returns, W-2s and other records of money earned
Senior pictures are due before Winter Break, there is a link on the school website to submit your pictures digitally. If you have a photo to scan bring it to the library before or after school.
Attention Robotics Club Members and anyone interested to join, there will be a meeting Tuesday, October 29th after school in Ms. Terry's room 105. Please show up and hope to see you there.
Driver Safety Education
Attention ALL students, the CHP is offering an informational night of driver safety education that targets new and future licensed teenage drivers between 15-19 years old. The smart class is offered to both your parents and yourself on November 7th at 5:30 P.M. in Soledad. More information is available with Ms. Patty.
Dress Code Update
All cookies brand clothing are now being added to the non-approved list. That means that cookies brand is no longer allowed as it will be considered an advertisement for Marijuana and the products!
Varsity Field Hockey will be dismissed, Tuesday, October 29th at 2:40 P.M.
Students who took the ASVAB if you are interested in attending a test results interpretation session please come and sign up with Ms. Rodriguez by November 5th.
Food Fair Tickets
Good Morning Bruins Food Fair Tickets go on sale Wednesday, October 30th during lunch each ticket is a dollar and the tickets will act as currency at the Food Fair, purchase tickets to be spent at each food booth. The Food Fair is Thursday, October 31st at lunch.
This month's "Classified Champion" has shown their hard work and dedication to Greenfield students day in and day out. This individual always a positive energy around them and is always making sure that they are available to their students. This champion is a true supporter of Bruins on campus. Due to their sincerity, hard work, and positivity this month's Classified Champion goes to our Paraeducator Ms. Alicia Felix!
This month's "Tireless Teacher" exemplifies Bruin Pride because of the support that they provide to GHS students and staff. This teacher works tirelessly to make sure that students are having a positive experience on campus. Moreover, they additionally work hard in the classroom to prepare students to be their best selves. Due to their caring personality, their enormous Bruin heart, and commitment to providing support and opportunities to GHS students, this month's Tireless Teacher goes to Mrs. Cortes!
Attention AP students if you have not registered for your AP tests please come see Ms. Sanchez or Ms. Rodriguez. Deadline to register is by November 13th.
Congratulations to this months PBIS winners: Daniel Morales, Israel Vasquez, Jessel Prado, Gio Reyes, Valerie Rodriguez, Marissa Orozco, Maria Lopez, Soledad Alvarado, Flora Celestino & Brenda Salas-Enriquez. Please come to the office on Friday, November 1st at lunch to get your prize.