Congratulations to the Greenfield High Debate team for their performance at the Karen Keefer Junior Varsity Invitational at Lost Altos High School last Saturday.
Freshman Melyssa Jaime won Greenfield High's first medal in official academic competition with three wins.
Debaters with two wins each were Freshmen Maya Avalos and Gabriel Cante, and Sophomores Mariana De Jesus and Alan Ortega.
The team will compete again in two weeks at the first CFL event of the year, the First Super Debate and League Qualifier to be held at Milpitas High School. It will be the first time that most of our team is competing at the Varsity Level. Any win at this tournament qualifies a debater for the CFL league championship and State Qualifier in April.
Congratulations Robotics Team 7777! This team has earned the Rookie Inspiration award from the WRRF competition this weekend. If you are interested in joining us for the next competition, listen for our meeting announcement.
Community Hours Opportunity
- Greenfield Harvest Festival if you are interested, please see Mrs.Aguirre in library for sign in sheet. Event is Saturday, October 19th from 12 P.M. to 12:45 P.M. and Sunday, October 20th from 8 A.M. to 6 P.M.
- Students, who are interested in being tutors for the after school program at Oak Avenue School, please see Mrs. Aguirre in the library. The subjects you will be tutoring in are: Math, Reading, and Writing. Tutoring runs Monday thru Friday from 3:30 P.M. -4:30 P.M.
- If you are interested in being a "Greeter", see Mrs. Aguirre in the library for more information and sign in sheet. United Way will provide free 2 hour training for anyone who is interested. This will go through tax season.
Interested in going backpacking?
Join the Greenfield Community Science Workshop on its Fall 2019 backpacking expedition! Explore the wilderness & make new friends! Sign up today at the science workshop before its too late! There are limited spots.
- ETS will be having a field trip to San Jose State and Santa Clara University, Friday, November 1st. Permission are due October 21st. Pick-up permission slips at the ETS office or check your email.
- To all students ETS is accepting applications to the ETS program for this school year. The applications is for all grades 9th,10th, 11th, and 12th. You can pick up an application in the ETS office.
- Homecoming elections will be Monday and Tuesday at lunch. Freshmen and Sophomores will vote Monday at lunch and Juniors and Seniors will vote on Tuesday. Polls close at 12:05 P.M. so be prompt. Happy Homecoming!
- Homecoming dance is Saturday, October 12th in the Student Union. Pre-sale tickets are $5 or $10 at the door all students must have a valid GHS ID.
- Dress up days are as follow:
- Monday: Pajama Day
- Tuesday: Toy Story Western Day
- Wednesday: Hawaiian Day
- Thursday: Cultural Awareness wear the clothing of your heritage
- Friday: Class Colors
- Get counted the first 10 minutes of lunch.
Senior pictures are due before Winter Break, there is a link on the school website to submit your pictures digitally. If you have a photo to scan bring it to the library before or after school.
There is going to be a meeting to talk about decorating the campus for Wednesday. If you like to help meet in room 609 for more information during lunch.
Opening & Closing Contest
Attention all students competing in Opening & Closing contest. There is practice Tuesday, October 8th at lunch.
College Futures Scholarship Workshop
Attention Seniors, the first College Futures Scholarship workshop will be Thursday, October 10th @ 3:30 P.M. in the Student Union. Don't miss out on up to $10,000.
Gay Straight Alliance Club
The first gay straight alliance meeting is Thursday, October 10th during lunch. All students are welcome to attend we will meet in room 306.
CSU Monterey Bay
Is hosting their open campus event this Saturday, October 12th at 10 A.M. Come and see why CSUMB is a good option for you. For more information go to csumb.edu/discover.
Attention ELD and LTELD students
We will be having an ELAC meeting this Thursday, October 10th in the Student Union at 6:30 P.M. Don't forget to let your parents know!
Atencion estudiantes que estan en clases de ELD y LTELD, habra una junta de ELAC este jueves, Octubre 10 a las 6:30 P.M. de la tarde en la cafeteria de la escuela. No se les olvide avisarle a sus padres.
Seniors do you have these qualities? Dependability, service, leadership and patriotism. Come and apply for DAR good citizen essay contest on Wednesday, October 16th at 1:45 P.M. in counseling department. See Mrs. Trujillo if you have any questions.
Boys basketball meeting, Tuesday, October 9th at 11:55 in room 102. If you want to play this season be there!
Candy Apple Orders
Friday, October 11th is the last day to place your candy apple orders. Turn in all orders to Ms. Sanchez by 3 P.M.
There will be a student section at this week's game. Show Bruin Pride by sitting in the student section and by wearing school colors.
If any FFA members would like to help in the Haunted House, there is a meeting during lunch, Thursday, October 10th and if any jackets were borrowed please return them.
Congratulations to all teams who competed in opening and closing contest to the officer team for getting first place go Greenfield FFA!
Vamos a la Playa Prom 2020
Join us for an unforgettable night May 23, 2020 at the Monterey Beach House. Cost will $175 per person space is limited make your deposit Wednesday, October 16th after school in room 206. A $50 deposit will reserve your seat payments can be made throughout the semester on Wednesday's in room 206. Vamos a la Playa Prom 2020.
Taking Classes for Hartnell
Attention Students, if you are interested in taking a class from Hartnell, the counseling class 1 will be offered spring semester. If you are interested in signing up, please see Ms. Rodriguez.