Winter sports are right around the corner. This includes soccer, basketball, and wrestling. Boys and girls are welcome for all of these. If you have not turned in your athletic packet, you have until October 23 to get your packets turned in to make sure you are cleared for the first day of practice which is October 29. Please remember to turn them in before school or the first 10 minutes of lunch in room 102. The grades from first quarter, which ends Friday, will be used to determine eligibility for the first part of winter sports and the last part of fall sports.
Deporters invernales estan a la vuelta de la esquina. Esto incluye soccer, basketball, y lucha. Hombres y mujeres estan bienvenidos para estos deportes. Si no has entregado tu paquete athletico, tienes hasta el 23 de Octubre para entregarlo y estar listo o lista para las practicas que comienzan el 29 de Octubre. Recuerda de entregar los paquetes antes de clases, oh los primeros 10 minutos de lonche a el salon 102. Los grados de el primer quarto, que termina este viernes, seran usados para determinas si eres elegiblle para jugar.
Blood Drive Announcement
Congratulations, Bruins in the year 2017, Bruins donated 138 units of blood earning us the title of Premier Blood Partners with the American Red Cross. Way to go Bruins! Let's do it again!
GHS has a set a goal of 60 units donated during our November 2nd blood drive. To have a successful drive, we need to meet our goal or exceed our goal. The only way to meet our goal is for you to make an appointment to be a donor. If you would like to help us reach our goal, sign up for an appointment with Aligha Ramey or Joanna Chavez at lunch or after school.
You must be 16 yrs old with parent permission. If you are 17 or older you only need to make an appointment. All people participating in the drive should bring a valid school or state ID with your birthdate.
To speed up your registration process visit RedCrossBlood.org/RapidPass to complete your pre-donation reading and health history questions 24 hours before your appointment.
- The DAR good citizens Scholarship contest is open to all seniors regardless of citizenship status. The student selected as the school's DAR Good Citizen must have the qualities of dependability (which includes truthfulness and loyalty), service (which includes cooperation and consideration of others), leaderships (which includes personality and the ability to assume responsibility), a patriotism (which includes unselfish interest in family, school, community, and nation). Requirements include an application, 2 letters of recommendation, and an essay. Deadline to sign up is Friday, October 19. If you are interested in applying for this scholarship, see Ms. Rodriguez to pick up an application and sign up.
- If integrity, determination, and courage describe you, you have what it takes to be a Horatio Alger Scholar. Our scholarships reward students who possess the character to succeed in life. To qualify, you must have at least 2.0 GPA and require financial assistance to attend college. Scholarship awards range from $6,000 to $25,000. To learn more and apply visit scholars.horationalger.org, or see Ms. Rodriguez for more information. Deadline to apply is October 25.
UC Santa Cruz Representative
Attention students a representative from UC Santa Cruz will be visiting on October 29th. If you are interested in attending the presentation please sign up with Ms. Rodriguez.
Counseling Department: Attention Seniors!
The CSin3 years program is now accepting applications for Fall 2019. CSin3 is a 3 year program that leads to a Bachelor's of Science degree in Computer Science with a concentration in Software Engineering. Students take year-round classes and have access to resources at both Hartnell College and Cal State Monterey Bay. For more information check out the CSin3 website or see Ms. Rodriguez for an informational pamphlet.
Community Service Hours Opportunity
- Come join club The Heart of Sharing, meeting will be held Tuesday, October 16th during lunch in room 204.
- Vista Verde is in need of students to help with homework and activities. It starts from Monday to Friday from 3:30 P.M. to 6 P.M. and on Wednesdays from 2 P.M. to 6 P.M.
Cash for College Worskhop
Attention Seniors, if you need help completing your financial aid application join us for a family Cash for College Event on Wednesday, October 17th. Check-in will start at 5:30 P.M. and computer labs will open at 6 P.M. Don't forget to bring your parents and last years income tax.
Fresno State Trip
Attention Juniors and Seniors there are only 7 spot left to our Fresno State trip on October 20th. If you are interested pick up a permission slip at the GEAR UP office ASAP. They are due on Tuesday, October 16th at 8 A.M.
NSDA Debate Tournament
On Saturday, GHS held its first ever, official NSDA Debate Tournament. 20 GHS students participated. Congratulations to all who participated and the teams of:
3rd Place: Brisa Diaz and Veronica Villalobos
2nd Place: Jennifer Najera and Lizet Lazaro
Champions: Taym Al-Zuhairi and Aliha Ramirez (The championship team are freshmen)
Thank you to all staff members who served as judges. The debate team will complete next month in San Jose.
FFA's Annual Hanuted House
- Attention all students! Don't forget about FFA's Annual Haunted House meeting on October 19th at 5 P.M. The Haunted House will start at 5:30 P.M.
- Students beware; you are in for a scare! This Friday, October 19th, your fellow FFA friends have invited you to their Haunted House! Feed the scare with some baked potatoes and frightfully delicious snacks from the Circle of Friends! Help support FFA and Circle of Friends!
ASB is hosting Greenfield High School first Harvest Festival this Friday, October 19th from 5:30 P.M. to 9 P.M. There will be a photo booth, haunted house, food, games and spooky treats! Bring money to participate in all the fun activities. Again this Friday, October 19th from 5:30 P.M. to 9 P.M.
ASVAB Test Results
Attention students who participated in the ASVAB test. The results are now available. You can pick them up, Tuesday, October 16th during lunch time in front of the library. On Wednesday, October 17th an army representative will be here after school for result interpretation.
Attention AP students if you were absent or had problems completing your classes AP registration please come see Ms. Rodriguez by the end of the week.
Grizzly Youth Academy
Attention students are you interested in Grizzly Youth Academy and are at least 16 years old? Sign-up with Mrs. Trujillo to participate in an evening event with Grizzly Staff.
Oaxaqueño Youth Encuentro
Attention students, last opportunity for you to sign-up for the unique experience of participating in the Oaxaqueño Youth Encuentro. If interested sign-up with Ms.Rodriguez in student services.